We are looking for adaptable, driven individuals who desire to be part of a dynamic team with company values centered around teamwork, ownership, and professionalism.
Provide overall management multiple projects of varying size and scope simultaneously (focus on $1.5 million or less) including client communications and relations.
- Establish project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with superintendents and construction staff to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems;
- Review and input on RFPs for design and construction management services;
- Request bids and track responses to assure lowest competent bidders;
- Managing a project from initial client meeting to completion including design development, permitting, construction, and close-out.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with Owner(s), architects, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers, permitting offices and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure the project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee payment application approvals and contract administration functions in addition to plan and document control
- Assists with the development and preparation of proposals.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with different management teams to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete the project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, variances, costs, and scheduling
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of construction management systems including change order process, job costing/forecasting, budgeting, purchasing/estimating, and labor management.
- Strong client development and marketing skills; community interaction and involvement.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written technical correspondence on project-related issues.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to create and maintain schedules with knowledge of scheduling programs.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills, with creative problem-solving ability.
- Team player with problem-solving and “can-do” attitude.
- Proactive; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in design/build, commercial ground-up construction
- Applicable four-year degree (in architecture, construction management, engineering, or related field) from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
The Frederick-based company with excellent benefits, including drug-free workplace, health, dental and disability insurance, employer-matched 401(k), paid time off, and more. Salary based on experience.