We are looking for adaptable, driven individuals who desire to be part of a dynamic team with company values centered around teamwork, ownership, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze and compile data for labor, materials, special machinery requirements, and location;
- Review preliminary drawings and specifications;
- Determine quantity of materials and labor;
- Prepare project cost summaries (e.g., costs of materials, equipment, labor, subcontracts, taxes, insurance, overhead, markup, and any other costs affecting the project);
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid;
- Executes take-offs of construction documents;
- Obtains pricing for materials;
- Obtains bids from subcontractors;
- Prepare estimates (cost plans, cost strategies, change order reviews);
- Negotiate with contractors and meet with clients to review status of work;
- Review/convert data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports into estimates;
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient with industry practices, processes, and standards; knowledge of applicable building codes
- Able to read, interpret, prepare and work from plans, drawings and sketches
- Knowledgeable in current industry estimating software
- Communication and organization skills
- Minimum 7 years experience in design/build, commercial ground-up construction
- Applicable four-year degree (in civil engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field) from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and processes, construction materials, and related applications
- Experience with ICE estimating software