Superintendent - General Contracts
- Coordinate, plan and supervises work force and subcontractors.
- Determine method of construction, manpower level, material requirements and equipment.
- Interpret and enforce company policies and procedures to team members.
- Function as site safety official; maintain safety levels in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Assists project manager and project engineer in developing and implementing project procedures, schedules, and standards.
- Fosters working relationship with all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Train field team members.
- Maintain regular attendance at field operation meetings; relays information to other field team members.
- Ensure adherence to building codes, zoning ordinances, OSHA/MOSH requirements and other legal restrictions.
- Maintain client relationship by provide assistance with questions/concerns during construction phase.
- Inspect all phases of construction for quality, per plans and specifications.
- Monitor subcontractors and MK team member’s level of production and quality.
- Assist with resolution of conflicts and emergencies as they arise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of commercial construction trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
- Displays an aptitude for interpersonal dealings using professionalism and tact.
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills
- CPR and Standard First Aid training/certification mandatory.
- OSHA training required
- Green card for SCE preferred
- Four year degree in construction discipline preferred, equivalent combination of technical training required.
- Six years of commercial construction experience required.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project. Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment may vary depending on work site.