Project Manager - Commercial Construction - Specialty Contracts
· Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
· Confer with superintendents and construction staff to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems;
· Review and input on RFPs for design and construction management services;
· Request bids and track responses to assure lowest competent bidders;
· Managing a project from initial client meeting to completion including design development, permitting, construction and close-out.
· Initiate and maintain liaison with Owner(s), architects, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers, permitting offices and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
· Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
· Oversee payment application approvals and contract administration functions in addition to plan and document control
· Assists with development and preparation of proposals.
· Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
· Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
· Work with different management teams to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
· May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
· Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
· Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, variances, costs and scheduling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Thorough understanding of construction management systems including: change order process, job costing/forecasting, budgeting, purchasing/estimating, and labor management.
· Strong client development and marketing skills; community interaction and involvement.
· Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written technical correspondence on project related issues.
· Proficient computer skills
· Ability to create and maintain schedules with knowledge of scheduling programs.
· Excellent project management and leadership skills, with creative problem solving ability.
· Team player with problem solving and “can-do” attitude.
· Proactive; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Minimum 5-10 years experience in design/build, commercial ground-up construction
· Applicable four-year degree (in architecture, construction management, engineering, or related field) from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience