Construction Worker - Commercial Construction
We are looking for adaptable, driven individuals who desire to be part of a dynamic team with company values centered around teamwork, ownership, and professionalism.
- Prepare job site for each day by preparing materials, tools and equipment
- Dispose of debris, garbage and hazardous materials according to standards and regulations
- Leave construction site, equipment and tools clean and organized, ready for the next day
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment
- Dig, level, and backfill;
- Perform related work as assigned by site superintendent
- Assist field personnel as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with hand tools
- Commitment to wear protective safety gear
- Willingness to learn and help as needed
- Flexible to take on various tasks
- Ability to work well with a team of subcontractors and a supervisor
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) preferred, but not required
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project. Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment may vary depending on work site out