- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape or cut materials to precise measurement and assemble boards, timber or plywood to the necessary size, as he builds a wooden form in the shape of the structure (Forms are typically secured with nails, bolts, screws or anchor rods), using hand tools, machines, or a power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions, shape, design and materials required.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of wooden structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of commercial construction and practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
- Be organized to plan the sequence of work and must be able to use carpentry tools such as hand saws, electric saws and drills
- To have a good eye for details and be able to check that the work is level, plumb and square.
- High school graduate or GED
- 3-5 years experience
Competitive wages, and excellent benefits: health/dental/disability insurance, employer matched 401K, paid vacation, paid personal leave, and more.