Concrete Assistant Superintendent
- Directly supervise and participate in skilled and semi-skilled concrete work; including the construction of sidewalks, steps & landings, foundations, concrete walls, slab on grade, and concrete repair in accordance with blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Examines blueprints to determine dimensions and lay-out of work.
- Inspect completed work to ensure compliance with blueprints, specifications, instructions and applicable federal, state and local codes; direct any rework or modification.
- Maintain inventory and requisition of material, hardware, supplies and tools.
- Assist with quantity estimates.
- Train and instruct new employees.
- Interprets company safety policies to team members and enforces safety regulations.
- Assist site superintendent.
- Works alongside fellow team members (if a supervisory position is not needed); performs other work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to read, interpret, prepare and work from plans, drawings and sketches
- Able to lay-out, assign, and supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled team members
- Able to read blueprints
- CPR and Standard First Aid training/certification
- OSHA 10 training/certification
- High School diploma/GED
- Completion of apprenticeship program and/or journeyman experience.
- Three to Five years of experience