Assistant Project Manager (APM)
We are looking for adaptable, driven individuals who desire to be part of a dynamic team with company values centered around teamwork, ownership, and professionalism.
- Assist the Project Manager in managing technical and contractual issues.
- Assist with oversight of all field personnel, subcontractors and vendors.
- Receive, review, and analyze bid documents (e.g., specifications, scope, contract terms & conditions).
- Assist with preparation of proposal documents.
- Administer change orders and back charges.
- Coordinate project updates.
- Maintain working documents files for project estimate back up.
- Assist with preparation of cost analysis reports for record keeping and presentation to management as needed.
- Prepare progress request (invoices) for submittal to customers.
- Develop correspondence regarding project information as directed by Project Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of engineering and management principles and knowledge of business procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and construction software.
- Strong communication, planning, and organization skills.
- Multi-tasking ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize while meeting deadlines.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to interact with various trades, managers and peers in a professional manner.
- Four year degree in engineering, construction management, or architectural discipline
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience as an Assistant Project Manager with a commercial general contracts construction company preferred.